McLaren has become the latest team to produce a series of images showing how future Formula One cars might look.
The McLaren MP4-X, revealed on its website today, is described by McLaren as “a vision of the future of the racing car”.
The design features enclosed wheels and cockpit, adaptive aerodynamic surfaces and ground effects to create more downforce, and crash structures designed to recover their shape and withstand multiple impacts”. McLaren say the car would be powered by a ‘zero emission’ engine with additional energy provided by solar cells on its surface.
In February Ferrari produced its own Ferrari F1 concept.
2015 F1 season
- How a secret Mercedes engine mode helped pressure Vettel into a race-ending puncture
- Over 100 driver penalties issued in record-breaking 2015
- Part-time racer? The facts of Hamilton’s ‘jet-set lifestyle’
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2015 season review
- Your favourite – and least favourite – F1 races of 2015