Formula One drivers will use Pirelli’s new ultra soft tyres for the first time at the Monaco Grand Prix, the sport’s official tyre supplier has confirmed.
Drivers will be required to use the new compound, the softest in Pirelli’s range, during Q3.
Drivers must keep at least one set of the soft and super-soft tyres available to be used during the race.
2016 tyre nominations so far
|Circuit||2016 Q3||2016 Option||2016 Prime||2015 Option||2015 Prime|
|Baku||Super-soft||Soft||Medium||No race||No race|
2016 F1 season
- Which was F1’s best down-to-the-wire title fight?
- Are tickets too dear? Crowds fell at some tracks in 2016
- F1’s TV audience decline stopped in 2016
- Brawn among key F1 hires announced by Liberty
- Has F1 hit ‘peak penalties’? Fewer sanctions in 2016