The first pictures of Red Bull’s canopy design, which they call the ‘Aeroscreen’, have appeared at the Russian Grand Prix weekend.
The cockpit protection system has been designed as an alternative to the Halo device which was run by Ferrari during pre-season testing. The FIA intends to introduce enhanced cockpit protection on next year’s F1 cars.
Red Bull will run the canopy during first practice tomorrow.
2016 Russian Grand Prix
- Red Bull bosses gave me “no explanation” – Kvyat
- Another weak race shows Sochi is the new Valencia
- Magnussen beats grand slam Rosberg for Driver of the Weekend
- Kvyat axed by Red Bull, Verstappen takes his place for Spain
- 2016 Russian Grand Prix team radio transcript