Formula One will run a gauntlet of rain showers over the coming days at the Red Bull Ring.
However forecasters are divided over exactly when the rain is going to arrive. While many agree on a decent risk of rain towards the end of tomorrow’s second practice session, the timing of further showers is unclear.
Around 10mm of rain fail is forecast at some time on Saturday or Sunday, but it could arrive shortly after qualifying and leave the competitive F1 action mostly unaffected.
Those teams hoping for warm conditions, such as Haas, are likely to be disappointed. The weather will get progressively cooler over the coming days, with air temperatures falling to 23C on Sunday. Saturday should see a high of around 27C before the rain arrives.
Location of Red Bull Ring
See the location of every race on the 2016 F1 calendar here:
2016 Austrian Grand Prix
- Long stint didn’t cause Vettel’s tyre blow-out in Austria
- Point earns Wehrlein Driver of the Weekend win
- Mercedes will use team orders if Austrian GP scenario recurs
- Hamilton won’t change his approach after Mercedes discussions
- 2016 Austrian Grand Prix team radio transcript