Friday practice is at risk from thunderstorms but after that drivers can expect the usual Hungary heatwave.
First practice should take place in warm but cloudy conditions. However the second session, which starts at 2pm local time, is under threat from a series of showers which could turn thundery and are expected after noon tomorrow.
After that the conditions will settle down and the heat crank up under cloudless morning skies. Air temperatures are expected to exceed 30C on both days.
Last year’s sizzling weekend saw track temperatures hit 55C in qualifying and second practice. A significant factor this year will be how well the new track surface copes with the baking heat.
Location of Hungaroring
See the location of every race on the 2016 F1 calendar here:
2016 Hungarian Grand Prix
- 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Raikkonen’s rise to sixth earns Driver of the Weekend win
- Rosberg ‘surprised Hamilton is suddenly a fan of safety’
- Drivers to demand yellow flag clarification
- Few excited by Hungarian GP “chess match”