Which F1 driver was the best performer during the Italian Grand Prix weekend?
Review how each driver got on below and vote for who impressed you the most during the last race weekend.
Driver performance summary
|Driver||Started||Gap to team mate (Q)||Laps leading team mate||Pitted||Finished||Gap to team mate (R)|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||15th||-0.164s||36/36||2||15th|
- 2016 Italian Grand Prix tyre strategies and pit stops
- 2016 Italian Grand Prix lap charts
- 2016 Italian Grand Prix lap times and fastest laps
Vote for your driver of the weekend
Which driver do you think did the best job throughout the race weekend?
Who got the most out of their car in qualifying and the race? Who put their team mate in the shade?
Cast your vote below and explain why you chose the driver you picked in the comments.
Who was the best driver of the 2016 Italian Grand Prix weekend?
- Esteban Gutierrez (0%)
- Romain Grosjean (3%)
- Esteban Ocon (0%)
- Pascal Wehrlein (4%)
- Jenson Button (5%)
- Fernando Alonso (4%)
- Felipe Nasr (0%)
- Marcus Ericsson (1%)
- Carlos Sainz Jnr (0%)
- Daniil Kvyat (0%)
- Jolyon Palmer (0%)
- Kevin Magnussen (0%)
- Sergio Perez (1%)
- Nico Hulkenberg (0%)
- Max Verstappen (1%)
- Daniel Ricciardo (37%)
- Valtteri Bottas (6%)
- Felipe Massa (1%)
- Kimi Raikkonen (1%)
- Sebastian Vettel (6%)
- Nico Rosberg (26%)
- Lewis Hamilton (3%)
Total Voters: 385
An F1 Fanatic account is required in order to vote. If you do not have one, register an account here or read more about registering here
When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.
2016 Italian Grand Prix
- 2016 Italian Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Fourth Driver of the Weekend win for Ricciardo
- Second-lowest rating this year for Italian GP
- Top ten pictures from the 2016 Italian GP
- 2016 Italian Grand Prix driver ratings
Debates and polls
- Has Ferrari made the right move by hiring Vasseur to replace Binotto?
- Which qualifying format is the best in motorsport?
- Which F1 tracks would feature on your 2023 calendar?
- Which team has the best driver line-up on the 2023 F1 grid?
- Should the FIA only accept new teams with existing racing pedigree into Formula 1?