Kimi Raikkonen and Pascal Wehrlein have sampled Pirelli’s wider development tyres for 2017 in test at two different circuits.
Ferrari and Mercedes conducted dry-weather tests of the prototype 2017 sizes at the Circuit de Catalunya in Spain and Paul Ricard in France respectively. Ferrari covered 111 laps and Mercedes completed 134.
This is the first time Mercedes have sampled the wider constructions. The world champions are conducting all of the in-season tyre testing for 2017 along with Ferrari and Red Bull.
The tests will continue tomorrow and Mercedes will return to Paul Ricard later this month for further development work on the 2017 rubber.
2017 F1 season
- Sepang pays Haas compensation for Grosjean’s 2017 crash
- Williams revenues rose in 2017 after Bottas deal with Mercedes
- Australian Grand Prix cost government £56 million last year
- “Grand Prix Driver” takes you inside McLaren’s nightmare final year with Honda
- Undisputed champion: 10 titles name Hamilton top driver of 2017