The front-running teams have made similar tyre selections for the upcoming race in Malaysia.
Mercedes and Ferrari have both selected seven sets of the soft tyre for next week’s race at the Sepang Circuit, with Red Bull choosing one fewer set.
Most of the drivers from the top three teams have also opted for four sets of medium tyres, with only Lewis Hamilton and Kimi Raikkonen selecting three.
All drivers must have two sets of the hard tyres available for the race and must use at least one set of them during the grand prix. Jolyon Palmer is the only driver to have selected for sets of the hards.
2016 Malaysian Grand Prix tyre selections
|Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull|
|Max Verstappen||Red Bull|
|Nico Hulkenberg||Force India|
|Sergio Perez||Force India|
|Daniil Kvyat||Toro Rosso|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||Toro Rosso|
2016 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Alonso wins Driver of the Weekend after salvaging seventh
- Hamilton ‘wasn’t pushing’ when engine blew
- Dramatic Malaysian GP gets strong rating
- Mercedes reveal why Hamilton’s engine failed
- 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix team radio transcript