Renault has revealed a concept car styled in homage to Formula One driver Ayrton Senna.
The Sandero is sold as a Renault in South America and under the budget Dacia brand in Europe. However the performance-tuned Sandero RS is only available in the South American market at present.
The original Sandero RS is powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine with 143bhp. Renault has not yet provided details of any performance upgrades on the Ayrton Senna edition.
However the car shares some visual cues with Senna’s Renault-powered Lotus F1 cars from 1985 and 1986. They include the black paint job with gold trim, evocative of the team’s John Player Special livery, and number 12 logos.
Senna scored the first four of his 41 wins in a Renault-powered Lotus car, beginning with the 1985 Portuguese Grand Prix. He also drove a Renault-powered Williams in his final season.
- 2023 post-season F1 testing at Yas Marina in pictures
- 2023 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in pictures
- 2023 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix qualifying day in pictures
- 2023 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix practice in pictures
- Yas Marina’s new podium and more pictures from the build-up to the Abu Dhabi GP