Three teams tested Pirelli’s prototype 2017 tyres at the Yas Marina circuit in Abu Dhabi today.
Lewis Hamilton and Pascal Wehrlein drove for Mercedes, Red Bull’s two race drivers were in action and Kimi Raikkonen drove the Ferrari.
“Now the hard work begins as we collate and analyse the results of our 24 days and approximately 12,000 kilometres of testing in order to define the tyres with which we will go racing next year,” said Pirelli motorsport director Paul Hembery.
“These will then be run on the actual 2017 cars for the first time during the official group tests next February.”
Here are pictures from the test.
- Pictures: 2024 F1 pre-season testing day three: Bahrain
- Pictures: 2024 F1 pre-season testing day two: Bahrain
- Pictures: Ferrari’s new SF-24 uncovered as testing begins
- Pictures: Red Bull’s slim sidepod inlets and novel air ducts revealed at test
- Pictures: New views of Mercedes W15 running in Bahrain test