Periods of rain are expected on Sunday in Montreal which could affect the seventh round of the championship at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
The race is due to begin at 2pm local time and with periodic showers due to fall throughout the day drivers may have to respond to sudden changes in conditions.
They aren’t likely to get much chance to test their cars in wet conditions during the preceding days. Qualifying on Saturday should see warm and sunny conditions.
The first day of practice on Friday will be cloudier with a slight chance of rain. But it’s Sunday forecast which is causing the most concern at the moment.
This venue is no stranger to wet conditions. The 2011 race was badly disrupted by rain and ended up taking over four hours to complete. Rain also affected qualifying in 2013.
Location of Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
See the location of every race on the 2017 F1 calendar here:
2017 Canadian Grand Prix
- Hamilton takes first Driver of the Weekend win of 2017
- Canadian GP rated highly despite no fight at the front
- 2017 Canadian Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2017 Canadian Grand Prix Star Performers
- Top ten pictures from the 2017 Canadian Grand Prix