McLaren has been especially aggressive in its tyre selection for next week’s Japanese Grand Prix.
At the home race for engine supplier Honda, McLaren has picked ten sets of the super-soft tyre to use at the Suzuka circuit.
Championship contenders Ferrari and Mercedes have been considerably more conservative. All their drivers will have seven sets of the super-softs. Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel will also have one more set of soft tyres than their team mates.
The Red Bull drivers will have nine sets of the super-soft tyres for next weekend’s race.
|Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull|
|Max Verstappen||Red Bull|
|Sergio Perez||Force India|
|Esteban Ocon||Force India|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||Toro Rosso|
|Daniil Kvyat||Toro Rosso|
2017 Japanese Grand Prix
- 2017 Japanese Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Hamilton wanted battle with Vettel at Suzuka
- Top ten pictures from the 2017 Japanese Grand Prix
- 2017 Japanese Grand Prix Star Performers
- “It’s been a pleasure”: Japanese GP team radio highlights