McLaren and Williams have been the most aggressive with their selections for the United States Grand Prix, choosing nine sets of the ultra-softs for each of their drivers.
Championship contenders Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel have made broadly similar tyre compound choices for the race at the Circuit of the Americas.
All the drivers from the top three teams have chosen seven sets of the ultra-soft tyres for the race. But Hamilton has a slightly more conservative selection than the others have picked three sets of soft tyres. The rest have four apart from Kimi Raikkonen, who has chosen five.
2017 United States Grand Prix tyre selections
|Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull|
|Max Verstappen||Red Bull|
|Sergio Perez||Force India|
|Esteban Ocon||Force India|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||Toro Rosso|
|Pierre Gasly||Toro Rosso|
2017 United States Grand Prix
- Stripping Verstappen of 2017 US podium was “one of the toughest decisions” – steward
- New kerbs at COTA in response to Verstappen’s corner-cutting
- Controversial pass on Raikkonen was “not correct”, Verstappen admits
- Whiting defends ‘absolutely clear’ Verstappen penalty decision
- Ricciardo: Verstappen was penalised because he cut the corner