Formula One newcomer Brendon Hartley will have a grid penalty for his first Formula One race after Toro Rosso had to change parts of his power unit.
Nico Hulkenberg and Stoffel Vandoorne have also incurred grid penalties for this weekend’s United States Grand Prix.
Hartley’s 25-place grid penalty means he is likely to start from the back row. Toro Rosso have fitted the fifth engine, MGU-H, energy store and control electronics to his car. Vandoorne will have a five-place grid drop and Hulkenberg will be moved back 20 places.
This article will be updated.
2017 United States Grand Prix
- Stripping Verstappen of 2017 US podium was “one of the toughest decisions” – steward
- New kerbs at COTA in response to Verstappen’s corner-cutting
- Controversial pass on Raikkonen was “not correct”, Verstappen admits
- Whiting defends ‘absolutely clear’ Verstappen penalty decision
- Ricciardo: Verstappen was penalised because he cut the corner