Pirelli will bring a softer selection of tyres for this year’s race in Azerbaijan, the fourth round of the world championship.
Formula One’s official tyre supplier has nominated the soft, super-soft and ultra-soft tyres. Last year the medium, soft and super-soft were brought to the race on the Baku City Circuit. However no driver ran the medium tyre during the race.
Drivers will be required to use the ultra-soft tyres if they reach Q3 and keep one set each of the super-soft and soft available for the race.
Pirelli has not nominated the softest tyre in its 2018 range, the hyper-soft, for any of the first four races. This is one of two new tyres it has introduced this year along with the super-hard.
2018 tyre nominations so far
|2018 tyres||2017 tyres|
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year