ESPN’s new Formula One coverage will bring Sky Sports’ coverage to viewers in the United States.
F1 has replaced NBC as its broadcaster in America and will now use Sky Sports commentary instead of offering bespoke US coverage. However Sky Sports will also produce additional segments for use on ESPN’s platforms.
All 21 races on the 2018 F1 calendar will be shown live on the ESPN, ESPN2 or ABC channels. Practice and qualifying sessions “will air live and in replay”, according to a statement released today.
The new deal was “arranged by Formula 1, with the approval of ESPN and Sky”, the statement added.
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year