Pirelli has nominated its new hyper-soft tyre for the first time. The rubber will be used at the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal.
Formula One’s official tyre supplier is yet to announce its tyre selections for the Monaco Grand Prix, which is likely to see the introduction of the new compound. Tyre selections for non-European rounds have to be confirmed earlier than for European rounds due to the increased time it takes to ship them to the circuit.
The softest tyre selection available will be used in Canada, where Pirelli is bringing the super-soft, ultra-soft and hyper-soft tyres. It has also nominated its tyre choices for the Spanish Grand Prix, where the medium, soft and super-soft tyres will appear.
Pirelli delayed its tyre nomination for the Canadian Grand Prix in order to see how its tyres performed in pre-season testing.
2018 F1 tyre selections
|2018 tyres||2017 tyres|
|Red Bull Ring||Soft||Super-soft||Ultra-soft|
|Circuit of the Americas||Soft||Super-soft||Ultra-soft|
|Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez||Soft||Super-soft||Ultra-soft|
Go ad-free for just £1 per month
2018 F1 season
- McLaren staff told us we were “totally crazy” to take Honda engines in 2018 – Tost
- ‘It doesn’t matter if we start last’: How Red Bull’s junior team aided Honda’s leap forward
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault