Ferrari has chosen the most aggressive tyre selection of the top three teams for the Chinese Grand Prix, picking eight sets of the ultra-soft tyres for each of its drivers.
The third round of the championship at the Shanghai International Circuit is the first where Pirelli has put a ‘step’ in its tyre compound selections. The super-soft, which is the next harder compound after the ultra-soft, has not been selected. The soft and medium tyres are available.
McLaren, Haas and Williams have also selected eight sets of the ultra-softs for each of their drivers. In contrast Red Bull have taken seven sets and Mercedes just six.
Lewis Hamilton has chosen more soft tyres than any other driver with six sets.
2018 Chinese Grand Prix tyre selection
|Carlos Sainz Jnr
2018 F1 season
- McLaren staff told us we were “totally crazy” to take Honda engines in 2018 – Tost
- ‘It doesn’t matter if we start last’: How Red Bull’s junior team aided Honda’s leap forward
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault