Max Verstappen and Pierre Gasly were both given penalty points on their licences for the collisions they were involved in during the Chinese Grand Prix.
Gasly was given the first two penalty points on his licence while Verstappen’s moves him onto a total of five for the current 12-month period. The stewards determined both drivers were predominantly to blame for the collisions.
Gasly tangled with team mate Brendon Hartley at turn 14 while Verstappen ran into Sebastian Vettel at the same corner.
This article will be updated.
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year