Formula One teams’ tyre selections for the Spanish Grand Prix reveals a wide variation in approaches to the race weekend.Lewis Hamilton and team mate Valtteri Bottas have chosen the smallest number of sets of the softest available tyres, the super-soft. The Mercedes pair have selected five sets each while their Ferrari rivals will had an additional two sets each.
Williams has by far the most aggressive selection with 10 sets of super-softs for Sergey Sirotkin and nine for Lance Stroll.
The race at the Circuit de Catalunya will be the first time this year teams get to race on tyres they selected after testing their new cars.
2018 Spanish Grand Prix tyre selections
|Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull|
|Max Verstappen||Red Bull|
|Sergio Perez||Force India|
|Esteban Ocon||Force India|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||Renault|
|Pierre Gasly||Toro Rosso|
|Brendon Hartley||Toro Rosso|
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year