Jake Dennis and Jack Aitken are among the new names who will be participating in this week’s F1 test at the Circuit de Catalunya.who won Sunday’s F2 race at the track, will make his official test debut for Renault.
Nicholas Latifi will have his first run in the Force India. The former Mercedes and Renault tester was originally scheduled to drive for them in pre-season testing but was forced to miss out on the opportunity due to illness.
Other test drivers in action include Toro Rosso’s Sean Gelael and Williams’ Oliver Rowland. Antonio Giovinazzi will run on both days of the test, driving for Sauber and Ferrari.
Force India and McLaren will run second cars at the test to conduct Pirelli tyre evaluation. McLaren’s junior driver Lando Norris will also run on both days.
|Force India (Pirelli test)
|Carlos Sainz Jnr
|McLaren (Pirelli test)
|Lando Norris/Oliver Turvey
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
2018 F1 season
- McLaren staff told us we were “totally crazy” to take Honda engines in 2018 – Tost
- ‘It doesn’t matter if we start last’: How Red Bull’s junior team aided Honda’s leap forward
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault