Ferrari’s head of vehicle project co-ordination Simone Resta is leaving to Sauber, the team has announced.
Sauber later confirmed Resta will join them to take over the position of technical director on July 1st. The position has been vacant since Jorg Zander left the team earlier this month.
“Simone Resta has the best profile to take on the role of technical director,” said Sauber team principal Frederic Vasseur.
“His arrival at Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team marks a significant step ahead of a long term project that aims at strengthening the Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team in order to achieve ambitious results.”
Resta has been with Ferrari since 2001 and became the team’s chief designer at the end of 2014.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year