Mercedes and Ferrari will go into the French Grand Prix weekend with similar tyre choices for their two drivers.Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton will each have three sets of super-softs to their team mates’ two.
Red Bull have made a slightly more conservative selection, opting for seven sets of ultra-softs, the fewest of any team.
Williams, which struggled to extra performance from the softest available tyres last weekend, has picked the most ultra-softs for Paul Ricard.
2018 French Grand Prix tyre selections
|Carlos Sainz Jnr
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2018 F1 season
- McLaren staff told us we were “totally crazy” to take Honda engines in 2018 – Tost
- ‘It doesn’t matter if we start last’: How Red Bull’s junior team aided Honda’s leap forward
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault