Australian Grand Prix Corporation CEO Andrew Westacott said he was pleased to be able to announce the date for next year’s race so early.
“To announce the Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix 2019 date more than eight months out from the event is fantastic news and we hope this will encourage overseas and interstate visitors to plan for a lengthy visit to Melbourne and Victoria,” he said.
Next year’s championship is also expected to end one week later than usual as the 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix slated to take place in December. However the German Grand Prix will not appear on next year’s calendar.
Albert Park has hosted the Australian Grand Prix in every F1 season since 1996. Next year will be the 22nd time the Melbourne circuit has held the first round of the world championship.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’