Lewis Hamilton says Ferrari employed ‘interesting tactics’ in the British Grand Prix following his first-lap clash with Kimi Raikkonen.Sebastian Vettel and then hit by Raikkonen at turn three. Raikkonen received a 10-second time penalty for the collision.
Despite the contact, which dropped him to the back of the field, Hamilton recovered to take second place by the chequered flag.
“My team did an amazing job this weekend and we’ve got so much support and so much pressure obviously for us all,” said Hamilton on the podium after the race/
“Interesting tactics, I would say, from their [Ferrari] side. But we’ll do all we can to fight them and improve in the next races.”
The collision came just two weeks after Hamilton and Raikkonen’s team mates clashed in similar circumstances in the French Grand Prix. Vettel knocked Valtteri Bottas into a spin on the first lap of the race.
Vettel’s British Grand Prix victory means he has extended his championship lead over Hamilton to eight points.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2018 F1 season
- McLaren staff told us we were “totally crazy” to take Honda engines in 2018 – Tost
- ‘It doesn’t matter if we start last’: How Red Bull’s junior team aided Honda’s leap forward
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault