Toro Ross’s technical director James Key is joining McLaren to replace its engineering director Matt Morris, the team has confirmed.
The news follows the departure of racing director Eric Boullier from McLaren in the wake of the team’s troubled start to 2018. Morris has been with the team for the past five years.
McLaren admitted during the British Grand Prix weekend its current chassis is producing less downforce than last year’s.
Their best result so far this season is the fifth place Fernando Alonso scored in the first round in Australia. Since then the team has fallen to seventh place in the constructors’ championship, one place ahead of Toro Rosso.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year