The Belgian Grand Prix winner was able to reverse away from the low barrier he hit but broke his front wing.
Ferrari and Sauber took part in the Formula 1 Milan Festival at Darsena in the city centre. Vettel, team mate Kimi Raikkonen and Sauber drivers Charles Leclerc and Marcus Ericsson took part.
Vettel is the latest in a series of F1 drivers to prang their cars during demonstration runs. Ex-Ferrari test driver Kamui Kobayashi crashed one of the team’s cars during a wet demonstration event in Moscow five years ago.
This article will be updated.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year