Rain is expected throughout the first day of practice for the Italian Grand Prix weekend but the weather is forecast to improve after then.
Thunderstorms are expected on Friday morning, potentially running into the evening, which could disrupt teams’ efforts to conduct practice runs in the two 90-minute sessions. The risk of rain will last into the early hours of Saturday morning.
While the rain is unlikely to return after then, the lower temperatures will linger. The day will be cloudy with a low risk of further rain, and air temperatures reaching around 24C.
By Sunday the cloud will begin to clear up, though possibly not until the later afternoon, meaning conditions are unlikely to be much warmer.
Track temperatures on race day should therefore be in the high thirties. Pirelli has brought the medium, soft and super-soft tyres for this weekend.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2018 Italian Grand Prix
- Ferrari suffering longest-ever home race victory drought
- 2018 Italian Grand Prix Star Performers
- Hamilton wins again as Mercedes break Ferrari hearts at home
- Paddock Diary: Italian Grand Prix day four
- Vote for your 2018 Italian Grand Prix Driver of the Weekend