Asked about his future plans at Monza last weekend, Perez said: “I hope that I can be in a position to announce my plans by Singapore and stop with these questions.”
Perez played a key role in initiating the administration proceedings at Force India which led to the team’s takeover by Lawrence Stroll’s consortium. He is expected to be joined at the team by Stroll’s son Lance, potentially before the end of the current season.
However Perez says he has no concerns about potentially having the son of the team’s owner as his team mate.
“I think Lawrence has come here obviously to find a great place for his son but at the same time he’s investing a lot of money, he wants the team to be successful so that means both drivers.
“I do believe in the project. I know the people I’ve worked with everyone here for five years. I wouldn’t be comfortable if I didn’t know the people and so on.
“I know how competitive this team is. I know Lawrence. the plan he has to make this team great and make this investment worth the value. I have no problems with him.”
Rumours during the Italian Grand Prix weekend suggested Perez could return to McLaren, who he drove for in 2013. However yesterday the team handed the final place in its driver line-up to rookie Lando Norris.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
View the current list of 2019 F1 drivers and teams
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’