Championship contenders Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel have made the same tyre selections for next week’s Mexican Grand Prix.
All the other teams have chosen more sets of the hyper-softs than Mercedes and Ferrari. Renault and Sauber have picked 10 sets for each of their drivers.
Last year’s Mexican Grand Prix was won by Max Verstappen who ran a one-stop strategy, switching from ultra-softs to super-softs. Both Red Bull drivers have nine sets of hyper-softs tyres for this year’s race.
2018 Mexican Grand Prix tyre selections
|Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull|
|Max Verstappen||Red Bull|
|Sergio Perez||Force India|
|Esteban Ocon||Force India|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||Renault|
|Pierre Gasly||Toro Rosso|
|Brendon Hartley||Toro Rosso|
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year