Esteban Ocon has been disqualified from the United States Grand Prix for exceeding the fuel flow limit.
FIA race director Charlie Whiting confirmed Ocon was over “for the majority of the first lap”.
Ocon was originally classified in eighth place. His disqualification promotes Kevin Magnussen to his position, but the Haas driver is also investigation for a fuel infringement.
Sergio Perez is promoted to ninth by his team mate’s exclusion and Brendon Hartley inherits the final point for 10th place.
Force India has the right to appeal the decision.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2018 F1 season
- McLaren staff told us we were “totally crazy” to take Honda engines in 2018 – Tost
- ‘It doesn’t matter if we start last’: How Red Bull’s junior team aided Honda’s leap forward
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault