Formula 1 Management has announced F1 TV Pro will be offered in the Netherlands from 2019 in its first deal to offer the live streaming service through a broadcaster.As RaceFans revealed last week, FOM is seeking to offer F1 TV Pro in regions where it is not currently available through partnerships with television broadcasters.
The new deal with Dutch broadcasters Ziggo Sport will make the full F1 TV Pro service available to subscribers in the Netherlands. This includes access to live onboard cameras and team radio from all 20 cars.
F1’s director of media rights Ian Holmes said it was “tremendously important” to offer the product in a country which is enjoying a resurgence in the popularity of F1 thanks to Max Verstappen.
“What is also ground-breaking is the incorporation of the F1 TV Pro OTT [over-the-top] service that will now be available within the Dutch market,” said Holmes. “This will be a truly collaborative operation in that the service will be co-marketed and co-branded by F1 and Ziggo thus affording fans a combined offering like never before.”
Ziggo Sport is part of Liberty Global, an associate company of F1’s commercial rights holder Liberty Media.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’