Five people including two drivers were injured in the huge crash during today’s Macau Formula Three Grand Prix, the FIA has confirmed.
Tsuboi has also been taken to hospital along with three others. A statement from the FIA described them as a marshal and two members of the media. All five were “transferred to a local hospital in a conscious state for further evaluation”, the FIA said in a statement.
Floersch posted a message on social media saying she is “fine” but confirming she will have surgery on Monday.
“Just wanted to let everybody know that I am fine but will be going into surgery tomorrow morning,” she wrote. “Thanks to the FIA and HWA/Mercedes [engine supplier] who are taking great care of me.
“Thanks to everybody for the supporting messages. Update soon.”
FIA president Jean Todt said the sport’s governing body is “mobilised to help the victims and analyse what happened. We will monitor the situation and make the necessary conclusions.
“All my thoughts are with Sophia Floersch and the others injured. I wish you all a safe recovery.”
The race was stopped while the crash scene was cleared. Dan Ticktum won the restarted race.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year