Formula 1 has published three videos showing its new 2019 graphics including one which shows a real-time “overtake probability”.
The sport’s commercial rights holder is asking for feedback on the new graphics which also show data on “car performance” and “pit stop advantage”:
The Car Performance graphic uses tyre wear and temperature data and to reveal “the overall performance of the car and show how long [the driver] can continue at this pace before his lap times fall off a cliff and he is an easy target.”
The Pit Stop Advantage graphic is intended to show whether a driver can gain an advantage by pitting earlier or later than a rival ahead.
F1’s managing director motorsport Ross Brawn said the new graphics will harness F1 technology to give fans a deeper understanding of the sport.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’