Pirelli has confirmed its tyre compound selections for the first four races of the 2019 F1 season.
Pirelli has dropped its previous tyre names and instead uses numbers to describe its different compounds. Compound one is the hardest tyre in its range.
The sport’s official tyre supplier has reduced its tyre range from seven compounds to five. Compound five, the softest tyre available, has not been nominated for any of the first four races.
The three tyres will be referred to as hard, medium and soft at each race. They will be coloured white, yellow and red respectively.
|2019 tyres||2018 tyres|
|Red Bull Ring||Soft||Super-soft||Ultra-soft|
|Circuit of the Americas||Soft||Super-soft||Ultra-soft|
|Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez||Super-soft||Ultra-soft||Hyper-soft|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’