Mercedes has revealed the car it hopes will secure a sixth consecutive sweep of the Formula 1 world championship titles. The team said it is “celebrating its tenth modern-day Formula One season with a new livery”.2019 F1 season appeared for the first time on Wednesday when the team conducted a filming day at Silverstone with Valtteri Bottas at the wheel.
“The 2019 season will be a new challenge for all of us,” said team principal Toto Wolff. “The regulations have changed quite substantially.
“We have to start from scratch, we need to prove ourselves again – against our own expectations and against our competitors. We start the season with zero points, so we’re taking nothing for granted and there’s absolutely no feeling of entitlement to be at the front.
“In fact, with the regulation change for the new season, every team can have a shot at the title and we’re seeing all of them as a potential threat.”
Pictures: Mercedes reveals its new W10 at Silverstone
Go ad-free for just £1 per month
Video: Mercedes reveals its new W10 at Silverstone
Interactive: A clearer look at the Mercedes W10
Use the sliders below to brighten up the images of key areas of the Mercedes W10:
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’