McLaren has revealed its new car for the 2019 F1 season, the Renault-powered MCL34.Carlos Sainz Jnr has joined the team from Renault, while last year’s Formula 2 runner-up Lando Norris will make his Formula 1 debut.
“I think the car is ready,” said Sainz. “We could go testing today if we wanted. Now it’s time to find the strong points and the weak points and get started with the season.”
Sporting director Gil de Ferran said the team is going into the new season with high spirits. “The feeling within the team is incredible, a lot of excitement and anticipation,” he said.
“Now seeing the car here in its full glory it’s really an incredible feeling. It’s a beautiful piece of art.”
The team has also announced new sponsorship deals with British American Tobacco and Huski Chocolate.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’