Ricciardo described his first experience of a Supercar as “Awesome.”
“I expected it to be good,” he said. “It’s not like I didn’t expect it, but I’ve never really driven any serious race car with a roof on it, it’s always been formula cars, so I didn’t really know what to expect either.”
The Supercars championship will support this weekend’s F1 race at Albert Park. For the second time, the round will count towards the championship.
“I’ve always loved Supercars for how close they race, the bit of bumping and just having that judgement at that speed is pretty cool,” added Ricciardo.
“With F1, obviously we race close but you don’t really get as much touching because just the way that the cars are built and they’re a bit more, I guess, fragile, but for these guys to still be doing well over 200 kays and be pushing bumpers, it’s good fun.”
Pictures: Daniel Ricciardo drives an Australian Supercar
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’