“Before in Q1 and Q2 I think I did a quite good job but I didn’t reproduce it in Q3 which is a big shame. I am a little bit disappointed but I’ll work to get better and to step up for Bahrain.”
Leclerc failed to improve his lap time on his final run in qualifying and lost out to Max Verstappen as a result.
“I locked up in the first corner and in the last two corners I also lost completely the rears,” he said. “Just my fault.”
However he doubted Ferrari were quick enough to beat Mercedes, who locked out the front row of the grid after lapping seven-tenths of a second faster.
“They are pretty quick,” he admitted. “We did not expect them to be so quick in qualifying. We will work from there and hopefully a good start and a good race tomorrow.”
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’