Last year Ticktum finished runner-up to Mick Schumacher in the European Formula Three championship. He will race in Japan’s Super Formula championship this year, where he also made occasional appearances last season.
Max Verstappen will be at the wheel of the team’s car on the first day of the test.
Haas has also confirmed test driver Pietro Fittipaldi will drive its car again during next week’s running after the Bahrain Grand Prix. Fittipaldi, who is helping the team develop its simulator programme, will take over from Romain Grosjean on the second day of the test.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’