Williams has announced a new partnership deal with London-based financial newspaper The Financial Times.Azerbaijan Grand Prix.
“In only a few short years, the landscape for marketing and brand exposure has changed significantly for all sports, including Formula One,” said Williams deputy team principal Claire Williams.
“The opportunity to collaborate with the FT to embrace these new forms of media and digital opportunities is hugely exciting for both our team and our existing partners, and I am looking forward to seeing how the partnership develops.”
Williams finished last in the 2018 constructors’ championship and has had a difficult start to the new season. it failed to complete its FW42 in time for the start of testing and the car has been consistently over a second slower than the rest of the field.
However the team reported strong financial results for last year, part of which was due to its fifth-place finish in the 2017 season.
The Financial Times has never previously sponsored an F1 team. It has over one million paying readers and is owned by Japanese financial newspaper The Nikkei.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’