Alfa Romeo have been fined €5000 after the team was found to have used excessively cool fuel in Antonio Giovinazzi’s car.
Alfa Romeo’s fuel was found to be “more than 13C below the ambient temperature recorded by the FIA appointed weather service provider one hour before the second practice session,” the stewards noted.
“Per Article 6.5.2 of the 2019 Formula One Technical Regulations, no fuel intended for immediate use in a car may be more than ten degrees centigrade below the ambient temperature. In this case the ambient temperature was published to be 30 degrees centigrade and the temperature of the fuel was 17 degrees or below.
“The team representatives acknowledged that the temperature was below that required under the Technical Regulations. Given that this infringement occurred during [second practice], we impose the fine set out above.”
This article will be updated.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’