Max Verstappen has chosen more sets of the softest tyres available for the Italian Grand Prix than any of his front-running rivals.
Although Verstappen’s new team mate Alexander Albon will take over the allocation selected for his predecessor Pierre Gasly, and vice-versa, both had chosen the same tyres anyway, and will have nine sets of softs.
The Racing Point drivers are the only ones besides Verstappen to have chosen 10 sets of softs. McLaren have also departed from the norm by bringing two sets of hard tyres for both their drivers, while their rivals are only bringing an extra set for one of their two cars.
2019 Italian Grand Prix tyre selections
|Driver||Team||Hard (C2)||Medium (C3)||Soft (C4)|
|Max Verstappen||Red Bull||1||2||10|
|Alexander Albon||Red Bull||1||3||9|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||McLaren||2||2||9|
|Sergio Perez||Racing Point||1||2||10|
|Lance Stroll||Racing Point||1||2||10|
|Kimi Raikkonen||Alfa Romeo||2||2||9|
|Antonio Giovinazzi||Alfa Romeo||1||3||9|
|Daniil Kvyat||Toro Rosso||2||2||9|
|Pierre Gasly||Toro Rosso||1||3||9|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’