“Kvyat is confirmed for next year already [at Toro Rosso], at least internally it’s clear,” Marko told Sky. “Then it’s between Gasly and Albon.”
Marko indicated the team will decide how to proceed with its 2020 driver line-up following the Mexican Grand Prix at the end of next month.
Kvyat joined Toro Rosso in 2014. After being promoted to Red Bull the following year he returned to the team five races into 2016. He was then dropped by Toro Rosso late in 2017, only to return again at the beginning of this season.
He has started 63 races for Toro Rosso, more than any other driver in the team’s history. His third-place finish for the team in this year’s German Grand Prix was only the second time in Toro Rosso’s 14-year history that one of its cars has reached the podium.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Pictures: Wrecked chassis from Grosjean’s Bahrain fireball crash to go on display
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers