The Formula 2 sprint race at the Sochi Autodrom has been red-flagged following a heavy crash on the first lap of the race.
Mazepin’s car then made contact with Matsushita’s, which sent the Carlin car into the TecPro barrier on the outside of the corner. It was then dealt a second blow by the rear of Mazepin’s car.
The race was immediately red-flagged following the crash.
The championship has advised that both drivers have been taken to hospital but neither have suffered any fractures. The race will restart at 12:15 local time with the race distance reduced from 21 laps to 15.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
- FIA replaces masculine language with gender-neutral terms in F2 and F3 rulebooks
- Hitech sign Aron and Cordeel for 2024 F2 season
- Marti steps up to Formula 2 as Campos and Rodin Carlin confirm 2024 line-ups
- Doohan wins finale as battling Vesti can’t keep Pourchaire from the title
- Vesti takes title fight with Pourchaire down to the wire with crucial sprint race win