Alpha Tauri, the new name for the Toro Rosso team, has become the second outfit to confirm the launch date of its car for the 2020 F1 season.
As RaceFans revealed in September, the team which Red Bull purchased from Minardi is changing its name from Toro Rosso, the Italian for ‘Red Bull’, to Alpha Tauri, the name of a Red Bull fashion label. Promotional material for the event bears the Alpha Tauri slogan ‘Fits Body And Mind’. The team is listed as ‘Scuderia Alpha Tauri’ on the official FIA F1 entry list for 2020.
Daniil Kvyat and Pierre Gasly will continue to drive for the Honda-powered squad next year. The team equalled its highest ever championship finishing position of sixth place, as Toro Rosso, this year.
Get all the 2020 F1 race weekend session times plus test and launch dates on your mobile device using the RaceFans F1 Calendar
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers
- 2020 F1 driver rankings #1: Lewis Hamilton