Renault junior driver Christian Lundgaard has joined a growing roster of new drivers on the Formula 2 grid for 2020.
Five other drivers have already confirmed they will start their first full season of F2 this year, including Armstrong’s fellow Ferrari Driver Academy member and F3 champion Robert Shwartzman.
Yuki Tsunoda, who is backed by Honda, will drive for Carlin. Williams junior Dan Ticktum, who made two F2 starts at the end of 2018, has been confirmed at DAMS. The two other newcomers are Pedro Piquet at Charouz and Felipe Drugovich with MP.
Nine seats are yet to be filled on this year’s F2 grid, which has expanded following the addition of newcomers Hitech. However another Williams-backed driver, Roy Nissany, is expected to take one of the two seats at Trident.
2020 Formula 2 driver line-up so far
|DAMS||Dan Ticktum||First full season|
|ART||Marcus Armstrong||First full season|
|ART||Christian Lundgaard||First full season|
|Carlin||Yuki Tsunoda||First full season|
|Charouz||Pedro Piquet||First full season|
|MP Motorsport||Felipe Drugovich||First full season|
|Prema||Robert Shwartzman||First full season|
Update: Shortly after this article was published Virtuosi announced Renault junior driver Guanyu Zhou will continue to drive for them in 2020, alongside Callum Ilott.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
- Hitech sign Aron and Cordeel for 2024 F2 season
- Marti steps up to Formula 2 as Campos and Rodin Carlin confirm 2024 line-ups
- Doohan wins finale as battling Vesti can’t keep Pourchaire from the title
- Vesti takes title fight with Pourchaire down to the wire with crucial sprint race win
- Mercedes’ Aron replaces Novalak for Formula 2 finale