Red Bull has become the final F1 team to confirm its launch plans for the new season. Its RB16 will appear for the first time on Wednesday 12th of February.
[smr2020test]The Honda-powered squad, which won three races last year, will therefore be the second team to present their 2020 machine. Ferrari will kick-start the launch season when it presents its new car in Reggio Emilia on the day before Red Bull.
Red Bull and Ferrari will join McLaren and Mercedes in presenting their new cars on consecutive days at the beginning of next week.
Renault and Alpha Tauri also have launch events plans for next week – the latter presenting its new identity following its transformation from Toro Rosso during the off-season – but neither has confirmed whether its new car will be presented. Racing Point’s launch on February 17th is also expected to involve a livery presentation on last year’s car.
The new cars Those three teams plus Haas, Alfa Romeo and Williams will therefore reveal their new cars for the first time when pre-season testing begins at Circuit de Catalunya on February 19th. Haas and Williams will release images of their new cars online ahead of then.
Teams will have a total of six days to test their cars, excluding their limited mileage filming days, before the first race of the 2020 F1 season in Australia on March 15th.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Pictures: Wrecked chassis from Grosjean’s Bahrain fireball crash to go on display
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers