RaceFans understands the car completed the full distance permitted under the 100 kilometre maximum imposed on filming days such as this.
Getting its new car running before the start of pre-season testing marks an early triumph for the team, who failed to run on either of the first two test days last year. The first of two three-day tests at the Spanish circuit begins on Wednesday.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Pictures: Wrecked chassis from Grosjean’s Bahrain fireball crash to go on display
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers