The new Renault RS20 has hit the track for the first time in pre-season testing with the team’s new driver Esteban Ocon at the wheel.
[smr2020test]The car is running in a black testing livery. Renault say they will be “back to full colours for the season start” in Australia next month.
Ocon was pleased with his first run in the new car, telling media including RaceFans afterwards he felt more grip than ever before in the RS20.
Daniel Ricciardo will take over from Ocon in the car this afternoon. Ocon said he will pay as much attention to his team mate’s progress as he can.
“Not closer than normal, just as I would normally do to see what the other guy’s doing and how it’s progressing because they are taking over from what we did this morning, just moving forward. Hopefully I won’t be too busy with marketing so I can follow closely! But as soon as I’m free, I will be there.”
Pictures: 2020 Renault F1 car
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Pictures: Wrecked chassis from Grosjean’s Bahrain fireball crash to go on display
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers